Thyme Essential Oil is rich in the active compound, thymol, which has potent cleansing and purifying properties (so be sure to dilute well before use). Add to this its powerful antioxidant properties, making thyme a must have for all first aid boxes. See the many benefits of thyme oil below.
Benefits of Thyme Essential Oil
- Cleansing and purifying for the skin
- Acne and red inflamed skin conditions
- Delays visible signs of skin aging
- Powerfully analgesic, anti inflammatory and anti oxidant
- Benefits focus & concentration
- Stimulates blood circulation to the scalp promoting hair growth
- Soothes muscle aches, pain & inflammation
Aroma: sweet and herby.
The antioxidant properties of thyme oil make it ideal in treating acne skin as well as other inflamed and red skin complaints. The active antioxidant compounds also help combat skin damaging free radicals and can help delay the visible signs of aging. Best of all, thyme essential oil is suitable to use on sensitive skin.
Thyme essential oil makes a wonderful hair tonic. Being naturally antiseptic, antibacterial, and antifungal, it can treat a wide array of hair conditions. Stimulates blood circulation to the scalp to accelerate hair growth, it nourishes the hair follicles and can also help relieve dry itchy scalp and dandruff. Thyme is the perfect all round treatment for healthy shiny hair.
Thyme essential oil has potent anti fungal properties and is perfect for all kinds of topical fungal infections including athlete’s foot.
Essential Oil Features
- Steam distillation extraction
- No additives, solvents or chemicals used in recovery process.
- 100% pure essential oil.
- Comes in amber glass bottle
- Middle or top note
- Aroma group is herbaceous.
- Do not use if you suffer from high blood pressure
- We recommend a patch test be carried out before use (see below)
- Do not use undiluted
- Do not use on broken skin, eyes or mucus membranes
- Do not use internally
- Keep away from children
- Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Avoid using if you suffer from diabetes.
We advise that before using, you perform a small patch test on your inner forearm or back. Apply a small quantity of diluted essential oil and cover with a bandage. If you experience any irritation use carrier oil or cream to further dilute the essential oil, and then wash with soap and water. If no irritation occurs after 48 hours it is safe to use on your skin.
This information is not intended to treat or cure any medical conditions or diseases and is for educational purposes only.
*NOTE: Use extreme caution to not get in the eyes. Perform a skin patch test and use extra caution with children. Do not use on children under 10.