Lime Essential Oil a one of the more common aromatherapy essential oils and is prized in the skincare industry for its beneficial properties. Regular use can help maintain healthy skin, alleviating excess oil from skin and hair, balancing oil production, clarifying, and toning skin and reducing the appearance of dark spots.
Like most other citrus essential oils, Lime has a fresh, uplifting and energising aroma to soothes the senses and lift your mood.
During cold and flu season, burning or diffusing lime essential oil helps keep your space clean and free from bacteria while bringing vitality and freshness to all areas. The citrus scent in this oil also works against mosquitoes and bugs and keeps them at bay. The pleasant and refreshing aroma has made it a popular essence in natural deodorants and perfumes, soaps, shampoos and conditioners, cosmetics and cleaning products.
Benefits of Lime Essential Oil
- Cleanses the body and energises the mind
- Refreshes and revives the spirit
- Naturally detoxing and ideal for use in a detox massage treatment
- Cleanses the air during colds and flu season
- Brightens and tightens skin
- Balance oil production for skin and hair
- Relieves dandruff, gives hair extra shine
- Anti inflammatory and anti oxidant
- Eases digestive problems
Aroma: tart and sweet.
Blends With: Bergamot, Citronella, Clary Sage, Lavender, Neroli, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Ylang Ylang.
Essential Oil Features
- Steam distillation extraction
- No additives, solvents or chemicals used in recovery process.
- 100% pure essential oil.
- Comes in amber glass bottle
- Top note
- Aroma group is citrus.
Lime essential oil contains the active compounds limonene, beta-pinene and y-terpinene, esters and citral, beneficial for;
- Help in pain relief
- Stimulate mental alertness
- Help open the airways
- Ease anxiety
- Naturally antioxidant
- Benefit inflammation
- Has sedative properties
- Soothes & relieves stress
- Provide antioxidant benefits
- Give anti inflammatory relief
- Repel insects
- Act as emulsifiers
- Help provide hydration
- Make skin smooth
- Refresh mind, body and spirit
- Cleanse the atmosphere
- Ease inflammation
- Aid digestion
- Ease stress and anxiety
- Do not apply before using a sun bed or going out in sunshine as may cause an allergy on sensitive skin
- Can cause sensitivity so be sure to use only in very low dilutions, a patch test is recommended (see below)
- Do not use undiluted
- Do not use on broken skin, eyes or mucus membranes
- Do not use internally
- Keep away from children
- Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Avoid using if you suffer from diabetes.
We advise that before using, you perform a small patch test on your inner forearm or back. Apply a small quantity of diluted essential oil and cover with a bandage. If you experience any irritation use carrier oil or cream to further dilute the essential oil, and then wash with soap and water. If no irritation occurs after 48 hours it is safe to use on your skin. Lime oil can cause sensitivity if exposed to strong ultraviolet light.
This information is not intended to treat or cure any medical conditions or diseases and is for educational purposes only.
*NOTE: Use extreme caution to not get in the eyes. Perform a skin patch test and use extra caution with children. Do not use on children under 10.