Clove Leaf Essential Oil (Clove Bud Essential Oil) is probably best known for its ability to help relieve toothache but its talents are so much more.
With so many benefits for your body, mind and spirit, clove essential oil contains a natural analgesic and anti inflammatory, Eugenol. Eugenol can be effective in relieving toothache, headache, muscle and joint pain, stomach and abdominal pain and menstrual cramps. Dilute 2-3 drops of clove oil in a teaspoon of carrier oil, coconut oil is excellent, and apply it to the affected area.
Clove Oil’s powerful antibacterial and antiseptic properties make it the ideal mouthwash and oral hygiene formula. It can help treat oral infections, gingivitis, cavities, tooth decay and eliminate bad breath. Add a drop of clove essential oil to your toothpaste or mouthwash (Do Not Swallow) or gargle with a mixture of water and a drop of clove oil. Massage diluted clove oil on your gums to improve blood circulation and reduce inflammation.
A wonderful essential oil for skin care, clove oil can help heal acne, abrasions and fungal infections. Its wonderful active compounds can also reduce the signs of aging such as wrinkles, age spots, skin damage and sagging skin. Dilute 2 drops of clove oil with 1 teaspoon of suitable carrier oil (Argan, Rosehip, Camellia, Sweet Almond or Evening Primrose) and massage gently into your face or body (avoid eyes). You can also add a drop of clove bud oil to your favorite lotion or cream.
Benefits of Clove Essential Oil
- Natural analgesic and anti inflammatory
- Helps relieve toothache and headache when applied topically
- Warms and eases muscle and joint aches and pain,
- Menstrual cramps, warms area, improves circulation and relieves pain
- Antibacterial and antiseptic for oral hygiene
- Benefits your skin especially mature and aging skin
- Inhale to help you relax and ease away stress
- Boosts energy and enhances memory
Aroma: warm and spicy.
Blends With: Lemon, Orange, Bergamot, Geranium, Rosemary, Peppermint, Lavender, Pine.
Essential Oil Features
- Steam distillation extraction
- No additives, solvents or chemicals used in recovery process.
- 100% pure essential oil.
- Comes in amber glass bottle
- Middle note
- Aroma group is spicy.
- Can cause sensitivity so be sure to use only in very low dilutions, a patch test is recommended (see below)
- Do not use undiluted
- Do not use on broken skin, eyes or mucus membranes
- Do not use internally
- Keep away from children
- Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Avoid using if you suffer from diabetes.
We advise that before using, you perform a small patch test on your inner forearm or back. Apply a small quantity of diluted essential oil and cover with a bandage. If you experience any irritation use carrier oil or cream to further dilute the essential oil, and then wash with soap and water. If no irritation occurs after 48 hours it is safe to use on your skin.
This information is not intended to treat or cure any medical conditions or diseases and is for educational purposes only.
Recipe To Help Prevent Head Lice
Use as a preventative if you suspect head lice are doing the rounds.
- Add 4 drops cinnamon essential oil to 30ml vinegar and 30ml water,
- Use as a hair rinse.
*NOTE: Use extreme caution to not get in the eyes. Perform a skin patch test and use extra caution with children. Do not use on children under 10.