Citronella Essential Oil is famed for its ability to keep flies, mosquitos and other flying insects at bay, they really hate its crisp, tangy, lemony aroma. Citronella can also be used indoors to create a fresh and uplifting atmosphere in your home.
A wonderful digestive aid than can help relieve digestive upsets, nausea, wing and bloating when massaged into the stomach and/or abdomen.
Benefits of Citronella Essential Oil
- Natural flying insect repellant
- Antiseptic and anti inflammatory for healing bites, cuts, wounds
- Antifungal and antiparasitic
- Digestive aid for bloating, nausea, upset stomach
- A mood enhancer, lifting stress, anxiety and calm nerves
Aroma: rich, crisp, lemony.
Blends With: Lemon, Orange, Bergamot, Geranium, Rosemary, Peppermint, Lavender, Pine.
Essential Oil Features
- Steam distillation extraction
- No additives, solvents or chemicals used in recovery process.
- 100% pure essential oil.
- Comes in amber glass bottle
- Top note
- Aroma group is cirtus.
- Can cause sensitivity so be sure to use only in very low dilutions, a patch test is recommended (see below)
- Do not use undiluted
- Do not use on broken skin, eyes or mucus membranes
- Do not use internally
- Keep away from children
- Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Avoid using if you suffer from diabetes.
We advise that before using, you perform a small patch test on your inner forearm or back. Apply a small quantity of diluted essential oil and cover with a bandage. If you experience any irritation use carrier oil or cream to further dilute the essential oil, and then wash with soap and water. If no irritation occurs after 48 hours it is safe to use on your skin.
This information is not intended to treat or cure any medical conditions or diseases and is for educational purposes only.
Recipe To Help Prevent Head Lice
Use as a preventative if you suspect head lice are doing the rounds.
- Add 4 drops cinnamon essential oil to 30ml vinegar and 30ml water,
- Use as a hair rinse.
*NOTE: Use extreme caution to not get in the eyes. Perform a skin patch test and use extra caution with children. Do not use on children under 10.