Kids Gut Health Probiotics Powder is a child specific probiotic supplement in tasteless powder form and suitable for babies and children of all ages.
It contains 7 strains of naturally occurring beneficial live bacteria (1 billion CFU), including the child-specific Bifidobacterium infantis strain, as well as the prebiotic fructooligosaccharides (FOS).
Scientifically formulated to support healthy levels of intestinal flora at all times, but particularly after a course of antibiotics or following a digestive upset or other illness. It can offer invaluable immunity support when babies, toddlers or young children return to playgroups or preschool and germs and viruses can be prevalent.
- healthy levels of intestinal flora
- a disrupted gut
- promoting the mechanism of competitive exclusion against pathogenic bacteria
- efficient digestion
- children of all ages – especially those who find it difficult to swallow capsules and tablets. This probiotic formula is in an easy to take and easy to administer powder form.
Why buy our BioGut Kids Formula?
- 60 grams tasteless powder
- 1 billion viable organisms per 1 gram serving
- 7 strains of naturally occurring beneficial live bacteria
- Child specific probiotic formula
- Manufactured in the UK.
Benefits of Probiotics
- Antibiotic-associated diarrhoea (AAD): Antibiotics kill friendly bacteria in the gut, along with harmful bacteria. Probiotics are therefore often used to offset some of the digestion-related side effects of using antibiotics (such as constipation, wind, cramping and diarrhoea). AAD, in particular, results from an imbalance in the colonic microbiota caused by antibiotic therapy. Probiotic treatment can reduce the incidence and severity of AAD.
Improving immune function and preventing infections: There are antibody-producing cells (Gut Associated Lymphoid Tissue or GALT) in the digestive tract, which are connected with the immune system. One theory is that if you alter the micro-organisms in a person’s intestinal tract (e.g. by introducing probiotic bacteria), you can affect the immune system’s defences.
- Probiotic lactobacilli can help to correct malabsorption of trace minerals*, found particularly in those individuals with diets high in phytate content from whole grains, nuts and legumes.
- Reducing inflammation: LAB supplements have been found to modulate inflammatory and hypersensitivity responses*. Clinical studies suggest that they can prevent recurrences of inflammatory bowel disease in adults, as well as help to improve milk allergies.
- Preventing harmful bacterial growth under stress: Dietary or probiotic interventions might be effective levers in the therapeutic arsenal to fight stress-associated depressive syndromes.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome and colitis: Certain probiotics have been found to improve symptoms of IBS and to be safe in treating ulcerative colitis.
What are Probiotics?
Probiotics are friendly bacteria that help to maintain the natural balance of organisms (gut flora) in the intestines. They do this by competing for space and food with harmful organisms that would otherwise make people sick, particularly if allowed to flourish and grow in large numbers. Maintaining healthy gut flora helps us to digest food, absorb proteins, produce B vitamins and support the immune system. It also helps to protect the gut wall and prevents more harmful organisms from establishing themselves. Each individuals mix of bacteria varies, but interactions between a person and the micro-organisms in their body, and among the micro-organisms themselves, can be crucial to their overall health and well-being. The delicate balance of healthy gut flora can be disrupted by a wide range of factors, including illness and the use of antibiotics (which indiscriminately destroy both good and bad bacteria in the body). Children are particularly susceptible to such disruptions. Most probiotics are live micro-organisms that are similar to those naturally found in the gut, especially in those of breastfed infants (who have natural protection against many diseases). Kids Gut Health Probiotics Powder is a high potency, multi-strain probiotic supplement, designed specially for children. Not only does it contain the child specific Bifidobacterium infantis strain, it comes in an easy-to-administer tasteless powder form – it can be added to any liquid or food. Providing 1 billion live bacteria per serving, the 7 strains help to ensure that parents can replenish their children’s vulnerable tummies with a diversity of beneficial flora. The friendly bacteria contained in Kids Gut Health Probiotics Powder occur naturally in the digestive tracts of children.
What Are Prebiotics?
Probiotics are not to be confused with prebiotics. Prebiotics are basically a source of food to help probiotics grow, multiply and survive in the gut. They are fibres, which cannot be absorbed or broken down by the body and therefore serve as an excellent food source for probiotics (particularly the Bifidobacteria strain), to encourage an increase in their numbers. While probiotics are living micro-organisms, prebiotics are non living. When probiotics and prebiotics are mixed together, they form a synbiotic. By nature, prebiotics do not stimulate the growth of bad bacteria or other pathogens. The official definition of “prebiotic” is: “non-digestible food ingredients that beneficially affect the host by selectively stimulating the growth and/or activity of one or a limited number of bacteria in the colon, which can improve host health.” We have therefore included the prebiotic Fructooligosaccharide (or FOS) in our Kids Gut Health Probiotics formula. It has been a popular dietary supplement in Japan for many years and is now becoming increasingly popular in Western cultures for its prebiotic effects. FOS serves as a substrate for microflora in the large intestine, increasing overall gastrointestinal tract health. It is also used as a supplement for preventing yeast infections. Several studies* have also found that FOS promotes calcium absorption in the human gut. The intestinal microflora in the lower gut can ferment FOS, which results in a reduced pH.