A concentrated food supplement containing a powerhouse combination of beetroot extract and Montmorency cherry.
The alkalising elements naturally present in these health supplements mean that they can offer ideal support for those undertaking body cleanse and detox programmes. These ingredients are also popular with athletes during times of intense training, when higher energy levels and fast recovery are desirable, due to the
- exceptionally high levels of dietary nitrate in beetroot
- the high concentration of antioxidants found in both beetroot and Montmorency cherry.
Offering a powerful 4500mg per capsule in a 10:1 ratio of beetroot to cherry plus added synergistic ingredients to create a unique formulation offering a wealth of health benefits.
Health benefits of Beetroot;
- Contains folic acid, which is essential for normal tissue growth. An important dietary inclusion for women planning pregnancy,
- Contains the mineral silica, which helps the body to utilise calcium, an important mineral for musculo skeletal health, healthy skin, hair, nails and bones,
- Is virtually fat free and low in calories. Although it has a medium GI (Glycaemic Index) of 64, it has an extremely low GL (Glycaemic Load) of 2.9, which means it is converted into sugars very slowly and therefore helps to keep blood sugar levels stable,
- Naturally high in iron and helps to boost stamina and helps with anaemia and fatigue syndrome,
- A natural mood boosting food (contains betaine which enhances the production of serotonin),
- Contains a wide variety of vitamins and nutrients that benefit the immune system,
- Rich in nutrients that boos the the reoxygenation of cells and the production of new blood cells.
- The cellulose content of beet acts as a bulk residue, which increases peristalsis and its regular use can prevents habitual constipation,
- Contains betaine which helps treat hypochlorhydria, a condition causing abnormally low levels of stomach acid, by increasing stomach acidity,
- Supports many organs, including key detoxification organs like the liver, gallbladder, spleen and kidneys.
Health benefits of Montmorency Cherry;
- Naturally high in antioxidants and essential nutrients
- A powerful anti inflammatory
- Excellent source of beta carotene
- Rich in vitamins C and E (two powerful antioxidants)
- Good source of potassium, magnesium, iron, folate and dietary fibre
- Reduce the risk of diabetes and insulin resistance syndrome
- Naturally low in sugar, sodium and calories
- Supports healthy cardiovascular function
- Offers protection against heart disease
- Supports memory and other brain functions.
Why buy our Active Cherry Beetroot?
- 60 easy to swallow capsules
- Suitable for vegetarians & vegans
- Organic turmeric with ginger, black pepper, cayenne, B6 & zinc
- Suitable for men and women,
- Letterbox friendly bottle,
- Manufactured in the UK.
According to the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA)
- Vitamin B6 contributes to the normal function of the immune system, the regulation of hormonal activity, normal cysteine synthesis, normal energy-yielding metabolism, normal homocysteine metabolism, normal protein and glycogen metabolism and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
Turmeric Root: A natural powerful anti inflammatory. Inflammation is the body’s natural response to injury or infection, often causing redness, swelling, pain or heat. It may also cause loss of function of the involved tissues. Acute inflammation is typically a protective response to infection or injury and is designed to heal the body and restore normal tissue function. Joint inflammation, including stiffness and swelling are common symptoms of arthritis. If inflammation persists for a prolonged period of time, it becomes chronic inflammation. Chronic inflammation can be the result of an infection, autoimmune reaction or allergy.
Studies show that curcumin, a compound in turmeric, can reduce inflammation in the body. It also reduces the effects of oxidation, causes better cell signaling, stabilises blood sugar and fat levels and improves the levels of omega 3 fatty acids (DHA) in the brain. The anti inflammatory and antioxidant effects of curcumin have been associated with improved regulation of blood pressure and decreased risk of several types of cardiovascular disease. Turmeric also detoxifies the body, improvs cognitive function, blood sugar balance and kidney function as well as lessening the degree of severity associated with certain forms of arthritis and some digestive disorders.
Turmeric includes three curcuminoids: curcumin, bisdemethoxycurcumin and demethoxycurcumin. It also contains the oils tumerone, atlantone and zingiberone. Each of these compounds offer their own unique health benefit can benefit a wide variety of health conditions including: arthritis, heartburn (dyspepsia), joint pain, stomach pain, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, diarrhoea, intestinal gas, stomach bloating, loss of appetite, jaundice, liver problems, Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection, stomach ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), gallbladder disorders, high cholesterol, fatigue and a skin condition called lichen planus. It is also beneficial for headaches, bronchitis, colds, lung infections, fibromyalgia, leprosy, fever, menstrual problems, itchy skin and recovery after surgery. Other uses include depression, water retention, worms, urinary bladder inflammation and kidney problems.
Black Pepper: An alkaloid increasing thermogenic activity in the body (a method of developing cellular energy) resulting in an increase in metabolic rate. Black pepper is a powerful natural anti inflammatory.