Tea Tree Essential Oil is by far one of the most widely used essential oil and is a must have for every first aid box. With a fresh, sharp and cleansing aroma, tea tree oil is renowned for its anti bacterial properties and is used for everything from sore throats to acne treatments to helping boost your immune system.
Aroma: cleansing and slightly medicinal.
Blends With: Black Pepper, Lavender, Neroli
- Naturally anti inflammatory, antiseptic, antibacterial, antimicrobial, antifungal and antiviral
- Treats sore throats, colds & flu, cuts & scrapes
- Manages and treats external fungal infections such as athlete’s foot and nail fungus
- Helps soothe and prevent acne breakouts
- Controls dandruff and promotes healthy hair growth
- Insect repellant
- Treats head lice
Essential Oil Features
- Steam distillation extraction
- No additives, solvents or chemicals used in recovery process.
- 100% pure essential oil.
- Comes in amber glass bottle
- Middle note
- Aroma group is herbal.
- Can cause sensitivity so be sure to use only in very low dilutions, a patch test is recommended (see below)
- Do not use undiluted
- Do not use on broken skin, eyes or mucus membranes
- Do not use internally
- Keep away from children
- Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Avoid using if you suffer from diabetes.
We advise that before using, you perform a small patch test on your inner forearm or back. Apply a small quantity of diluted essential oil and cover with a bandage. If you experience any irritation use carrier oil or cream to further dilute the essential oil, and then wash with soap and water. If no irritation occurs after 48 hours it is safe to use on your skin.
This information is not intended to treat or cure any medical conditions or diseases and is for educational purposes only.
Head Lice Treatment
- Mix 5 drops of tea tree oil in 2 tbsp of carrier oil (coconut or almond work best)
- Saturate a cotton ball with the mixture and apply it directly onto the scalp
- Cover the entire scalp with the hair towel and leave the soaked cotton balls on overnight
- Repeat twice weekly until lice are gone.
Alternatively you may blend the tea tree oil with coconut oil, massage into the scalp for 5 minutes, cover with a shower cap and leave in overnight.
*Be aware that children may experience itching or burning on their scalp and this may be a sign that they are sensitive to the mix. In this case, was out and apply a commercial lice treatment.
**Never allow this mix to some in contact with the eyes as it will cause stinging.