By far the most popular of all aromatherapy oils, Lavender Essential Oil has a beautiful versatile and floral aroma and widely used in cosmetic and aromatherapy products. Powerfully anti bacterial, lavender oil is a must have for all first aid kits for use on insect bites, stings, hives, rashes, burns, itching and dermatitis.
Renowned for its sedative properties, lavender essential oil can calm stress and anxiety and promote restful sleep. However, if used in excess, lavender oil can act as a stimulant.
Uses: Blend 2-3 drops with 10ml carrier oil and rub on temples or other areas to relieve headaches and migraines (keep away from eyes), Add a few drops to a diffuser in the evening to promote a calm atmosphere and restful sleep, add a few drops to a bedtime bath as a wonderful wind down and relax before bedtime, blend with carrier oil and massage into painful or inflamed muscles or joints, add a drop to a few drops of water, mix vigorously and dab on insect bites, stings and hives, add 1 or 2 drops to a face mask and apply to treat acne skin (keep away from eyes).
Blends With: Bergamot, Sweet Orange, Rose, Lemon, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Thyme, Cedarwood, Frankincense, Geranium Rose, Pine, Cypress, Jasmine, Ylang, Ylang, Clary Sage, Neroli.
- Powerfully antibacterial & anti inflammatory
- Renowned sedative effects for calming & sleep
- Boosts and lifts a low mood
- Helps clear acne skin and treat breakouts
- Soothes irritated and inflamed skin conditions
- Reduces the pain of headaches and migraines
- Helps reduce painful muscle and joint conditions
Essential Oil Features
- Steam distillation extraction
- No additives, solvents or chemicals used in recovery process.
- 100% pure essential oil.
- Comes in amber glass bottle
- Top or middle note
- Aroma group is floral.
- Can cause sensitivity so be sure to use only in very low dilutions, a patch test is recommended (see below)
- Do not use undiluted
- Do not use on broken skin, eyes or mucus membranes
- Do not use internally
- Keep away from children
- Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Avoid using if you suffer from diabetes.
We advise that before using, you perform a small patch test on your inner forearm or back. Apply a small quantity of diluted essential oil and cover with a bandage. If you experience any irritation use carrier oil or cream to further dilute the essential oil, and then wash with soap and water. If no irritation occurs after 48 hours it is safe to use on your skin.
This information is not intended to treat or cure any medical conditions or diseases and is for educational purposes only.