Rather than being an actual oil, Frankincense Essential Oil is more of an aromatic resin and popular for use in incense and perfumes due to its distinctive and very attractive aroma. Frankincense oil is traditionally used in the East for its anti inflammatory, expectorant, antiseptic and anti neurotic effects.
Aroma: Woody, earthy and deep.
Uses: Dilute with carrier oil and add a few drops to the sole of you foot or pulse points to benefit from its spiritual properties, add a drop to your moisturiser for mature or aging skin (careful to avoid your eyes), sprinkle on a tissue or add to a diffuser to inhale, mix with carrier oil and rub onto inflamed or painful joints or muscles
Blends With: Lavender, Orange, Grapefruit, Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Neroli, Lemon, Geranium, Rose, Ylang Ylang, Clary Sage.
- Reduces stress, anxiety and negative emotions
- An astringent killing harmful bacteria and microbes
- Immune system booster helping combat coughs, colds and flu
- Anti aging properties for the skin
- Improves memory, concentration and focus
- Anti inflammatory properties
- Can be beneficial when massaged into rheumatic or arthritic joints
- Inhale as an expectorant
Essential Oil Features
- Steam distillation extraction
- No additives, solvents or chemicals used in recovery process.
- 100% pure essential oil.
- Comes in amber glass bottle
- Base note
- Aroma group is sweet spicy woody.
- Can cause sensitivity so be sure to use only in very low dilutions, a patch test is recommended (see below)
- Do not use undiluted
- Do not use on broken skin, eyes or mucus membranes
- Do not use internally
- Keep away from children
- Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Avoid using if you suffer from diabetes.
We advise that before using, you perform a small patch test on your inner forearm or back. Apply a small quantity of diluted essential oil and cover with a bandage. If you experience any irritation use carrier oil or cream to further dilute the essential oil, and then wash with soap and water. If no irritation occurs after 48 hours it is safe to use on your skin.
This information is not intended to treat or cure any medical conditions or diseases and is for educational purposes only.