Cinnamon Essential Oil, renowned for its comforting and warming properties is an excellent oil for stiff or painful muscles and joints. Cinnamon oil’s warming and moving properties also make it an ideal massage oil for stomach and abdominal aches, pains and cramps.
*CARE: Take care to only use a weak solution of cinnamon essential oil as this oil is very concentrated.
Benefits of Cinnamon Essential Oil
- Antifungal & antibacterial properties
- Warming & pain relieving
- Calms digestive spasms, pain and nausea
- Repels flies and flying insects
- A wonderful mood lifter
- Can aid concentration and focus
- Can help ease headaches, tiredness and irritability
- Can help prevent head lice (see below for recipe)
Aroma: rich, warming, woody, sweet, spicy.
Blends With: Juniper, Grapefruit, Petitgrain, Lavender, Lemon, Fennel, Bergamot, Lime, Neroli, Orange, Rosemary, Cedarwood, Palmarosa, Geranium, Patchouli.
Essential Oil Features
- Steam distillation extraction
- No additives, solvents or chemicals used in recovery process.
- 100% pure essential oil.
- Comes in amber glass bottle
- Middle to base note
- Aroma group is spicy and woody.
- Can cause sensitivity so be sure to use only in very low dilutions, a patch test is recommended (see below)
- Do not use undiluted
- Do not use on broken skin, eyes or mucus membranes
- Do not use internally
- Keep away from children
- Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Avoid using if you suffer from diabetes.
We advise that before using, you perform a small patch test on your inner forearm or back. Apply a small quantity of diluted essential oil and cover with a bandage. If you experience any irritation use carrier oil or cream to further dilute the essential oil, and then wash with soap and water. If no irritation occurs after 48 hours it is safe to use on your skin.
This information is not intended to treat or cure any medical conditions or diseases and is for educational purposes only.
Recipe To Help Prevent Head Lice
Use as a preventative if you suspect head lice are doing the rounds.
- Add 4 drops cinnamon essential oil to 30ml vinegar and 30ml water,
- Use as a hair rinse.
*NOTE: Use extreme caution to not get in the eyes. Perform a skin patch test and use extra caution with children. Do not use on children under 10.