Benzoin Essential Oil has a distinctive rich, sweet scent with undertones of vanilla and is widely used for meditation and Chakra practices. Benzoin is a popular commercial addition to shampoos, conditioners and hair tonics and to beauty products to tighten and hydrate the skin.
Aroma: Sweet, woody and with a hint of vanilla.
Uses: Not recommended for use in diffusers due to it’s thick resinous consistency. Use in a burner with water, Add a drop to water and use as a mouthwash to reduce bacteria and tighten gums. Mix a drop with carrier oil and use as a skin toner.
Blends With: Bergamot, Coriander, Cypress, Frankincense, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Myrrh, Orange, Petigrain, Rose, Sandalwood.
- Long used to improve circulation
- Raises the spirit and lifts the mood
- Antimicrobial, disinfectant and astringent making it a beneficial mouthwash
- Helps skin to retain moisture and stay hydrated
- Reduces skin pores, improves elasticity and reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Add to carrier oil and rub into painful joints
- Use as an expectorant chest rub (dilute in carrier oil)
- Used in yoga therapy and meditation to calm the mind and body
- Balances the nervous system.
Essential Oil Features
- Steam distillation extraction
- No additives, solvents or chemicals used in recovery process.
- 100% pure essential oil.
- Comes in amber glass bottle
- Base note
- Aroma group is sweet, resinous and slightly woody.
- Can cause sensitivity so be sure to use only in very low dilutions, a patch test is recommended (see below)
- Do not use undiluted
- Do not use on broken skin, eyes or mucus membranes
- Do not use internally
- Keep away from children
- Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Avoid using if you suffer from diabetes.
We advise that before using, you perform a small patch test on your inner forearm or back. Apply a small quantity of diluted essential oil and cover with a bandage. If you experience any irritation use carrier oil or cream to further dilute the essential oil, and then wash with soap and water. If no irritation occurs after 48 hours it is safe to use on your skin.
This information is not intended to treat or cure any medical conditions or diseases and is for educational purposes only.