Bay Essential Oil has a distinctive spicy masculine scent and is very popular in men’s grooming products. A naturally warming oil, Bay has some wonderful benefits for hair, helping to strengthen hair, promote hair growth and relieve dandruff. Bay essential oil is also popular for easing pains, strains and sprains.
Aroma: Spicy, camphorous.
Uses: Use neat in a burner or add a few drops to a diffuser to dispel the stress of a hard day. Add a couple of drops to a bath to ease aches and pains. Add a drop or two to your conditioner as a hair tonic.
Blends With: Bergamot, Cedarwood, Eucalyptus, Fennel, Ginger, Orange, Patchouli, Rosemary, Ylang-Ylang.
- Popular hair tonic
- Can lower stress hormone levels and ease anxiety,
- Used as a massage oil to ease digestive complaints
- Has antibiotic properties
- Can help ease spasms, muscle spasms, digestive spasms, nervous spasms
- Analgesic to help provide pain relief
- Can provide rheumatism relief
- Astringent to induce blood vessel contraction (relieves migraines)
- Has some appetite boosting properties.
Essential Oil Features
- Steam distillation extraction
- No additives, solvents or chemicals used in recovery process.
- 100% pure essential oil.
- Comes in amber glass bottle
- Middle note
- Aroma group is medicinal, fruity, spicy and herbaceous.
- May inhibit blood clotting in some blood disorders, seek advice from your healthcare specialist
- Can irritate if you have sensitive skin, so best to do a patch test first (see below)
- Do not use undiluted
- Do not use on broken skin, eyes or mucus membranes
- Do not use internally
- Keep away from children
- Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Avoid using if you suffer from diabetes.
We advise that before using, you perform a small patch test on your inner forearm or back. Apply a small quantity of diluted essential oil and cover with a bandage. If you experience any irritation use carrier oil or cream to further dilute the essential oil, and then wash with soap and water. If no irritation occurs after 48 hours it is safe to use on your skin.
This information is not intended to treat or cure any medical conditions or diseases and is for educational purposes only.