Basil Essential Oil has so many benefits. It has an invigorating scent that is mentally stimulating, uplifting and calming. Use it to soothe headaches, ease muscle aches, support respiratory issues and also repel insects.
Aroma: Sweet, herbaceous with a liquorice-like scent.
Uses: Add basil and a citrus oil (lime, lemon, bergamot) to a diffuser for an invigorating morning scent. Add a drop to other decongestant oils (pine, eucalyptus, wintergreen) for a clearing chest rub. Add a drop to a carrier oil for a relaxing bedtime massage rub.
Blends With: Lavender, Geranium, Bergamot, Lime, Lemon, Frankincense, Pine.
- Inhale to clear blocked respiratory tracts
- Clear mental blockages and confused thinking
- Eliminates odour causing bacteria meaning that its a great oil for personal care
- Diffuse to clear bad odours in your home
- Combine with a carrier oil and use as a facial tonic to balance your skin
- Promotes concentration and focus
- Can help ease feelings of being overwhelmed
- Can ease stress related migraines.
Essential Oil Features
- Steam distillation extraction
- No additives, solvents or chemicals used in recovery process.
- 100% pure essential oil.
- Comes in amber glass bottle
- Top note
- Aroma group is sweet and herbaceous.
- Can irritate if you have sensitive skin, so best to do a patch test first (see below)
- Do not use undiluted
- Do not use on broken skin, eyes or mucus membranes
- Do not use internally
- Keep away from children
- Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Avoid using if you suffer from diabetes.
We advise that before using, you perform a small patch test on your inner forearm or back. Apply a small quantity of diluted essential oil and cover with a bandage. If you experience any irritation use carrier oil or cream to further dilute the essential oil, and then wash with soap and water. If no irritation occurs after 48 hours it is safe to use on your skin.
This information is not intended to treat or cure any medical conditions or diseases and is for educational purposes only.