Kid’s Multivit Chewies are a special combination of childrens vitamins, minerals, bio culture, herbs and DHA, to naturally support your child’s immunity, energy levels and overall wellbeing. With a zingy blackcurrant taste that children love.
*Recommended for children age 5 and up.
**WARNING: These tablets are not sweets. They are designed to be chewed, not swallowed whole.
The vitamins and minerals selected for this food supplement provide combined support for your child’s immune system, their normal growth and development, bones, teeth, gums, energy levels, cognitive function and more – backed by science. See the comprehensive EFSA approved health claims listed below.
According to the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA)
- Vitamin A contributes to normal iron metabolism, the maintenance of normal mucous membranes, the maintenance of normal skin, the maintenance of normal vision, the normal function of the immune system and has a role in the process of cell specialisation.
- Vitamin C contributes to maintaining the normal function of the immune system. It also contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of blood vessels, bones, cartilage, gums, skin and teeth, normal energy-yielding metabolism, normal functioning of the nervous system, normal psychological function, protection of cells from oxidative stress, the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, the regeneration of the reduced form of vitamin E and increases iron absorption.
- Vitamin D contributes to the normal function of the immune system and healthy inflammatory response, normal absorption/utilisation of calcium and phosphorus, normal blood calcium levels, the maintenance of normal bones, the maintenance of normal muscle function, the maintenance of normal teeth, it has a role in the process of cell division and is needed for normal growth and development of bone in children.
- Vitamin K contributes to normal blood clotting and to the maintenance of normal bones.
- Zinc contributes to normal DNA synthesis, normal acid-base metabolism, normal carbohydrate metabolism, normal cognitive function, normal fertility and reproduction, normal macronutrient metabolism, normal metabolism of fatty acids, normal metabolism of vitamin A, normal protein synthesis, the maintenance of normal bones, the maintenance of normal hair, nails and skin, the maintenance of normal testosterone levels in the blood, the maintenance of normal vision, the normal function of the immune system, the protection of cells from oxidative stress and it has a role in the process of cell division.
- Selenium contributes to the maintenance of normal hair, the maintenance of normal nails, the normal function of the immune system, normal thyroid function and the protection of cells from oxidative stress.
- DHA contributes to the maintenance of normal blood triglyceride levels (with a daily intake of 2g of DHA and when taken in combination with EPA). DHA contributes to maintenance of normal brain function (with a daily intake of 250mg of DHA). DHA contributes to maintenance of normal vision (with a daily intake of 250mg of DHA).
Black Elderberry: One of the most commonly used herbs for immune health and is a long-established daily tonic for both immune support and antioxidant support. These berries are high in anthocyanins, which give them their bluish-purple colour, as well as anthocyanidins. These flavonoids have antioxidant properties, and they’ve also been recorded to have a high oxygen radical absorption capacity (ORAC), which is the scale by which antioxidant activity is measured. They assist with the body’s natural defenses and cell communication.
Blackcurrant : A superfruit berry extraordinarily rich in vitamin C (more than oranges). They also contain a good amount of calcium, potassium, phosphorus, iron, phyto-nutrients, vitamin E and other antioxidants, including anthocyanins, a type of polyphenol. A great energy food and the seeds are rich in unsaturated fatty acids. They can also help to prevent joint inflammation, eye strain and urinary infections. A recent scientific study revealed that the natural chemicals and compounds found in blackcurrants may help to balance the impact that exercise can have on the body and also being studied in the treatment of asthma.
Rosehip: A great source of bio-available vitamin C and bioflavonoids (which exert a synergic action to vitamin C, enhancing its absorption rate) plus vitamins A, B1-3 and K and iron.
Elderberry: Naturally rich in vitamins A and B, flavonoids and potassium and especially vitamin C. Anthocyanins found in elderberries have more antioxidant capacity than either vitamin E or vitamin C. These potent antioxidants enhance immune function by boosting the production of cytokines, proteins that act as “messengers” in the immune system to help regulate immune response.
Beetroot: A rich source of potent antioxidants (such as betanin, the pigment that gives beetroot its deep colour) and other essential nutrients, including folic acid, magnesium, manganese, sodium, potassium, phosphorus, soluble fibre, calcium, iron, vitamins A, B and C, silica and betaine. Beetroot can help to support the immune system, through its extraordinary range of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients (particularly antioxidants), which mean our bodies are better able to fight off infection. These nutrients help to stimulate the re oxygenation of cells and the production of new blood cells.
DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid): Abundant in oily fish and is found in high concentration in the grey matter of the brain and the retina of the eye. It is also instrumental in the function of brain cell membranes, which are important for the transmission of brain signals. Essential for normal brain and eye development, DHA deficiencies have been linked to depression, dementia, mood changes, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), memory loss and visual problems.
Lactobacillus Acidophilus (50 million CFU): Acidophilus is probably the most well known and well-used species of friendly bacteria and a naturally occurring bacteria in the gut. Well researched in studies focusing on a number of different areas of health including digestive health and immunity.